Tour stunning historic homes and sites in Macon.
October 8-10, 2021
TICKETS ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Important Covid-19 Safety Update
To ensure the well-being of guests, homeowners, volunteers and staff, the Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation has instated Safety Measures and Procedures. Proof of a COVID-19 vaccination OR negative COVID-19 test result, obtained within 48 hours (2 days) of first attending the Fall Ramble, will be required to attend the Fall Ramble in Macon. The Georgia Trust strongly encourages all guests who have not already done so to begin the vaccination process by September 4, 2021, so that they will be fully vaccinated by October 8, 2021.
Experience the rich history and southern hospitality of beautiful Macon, Georgia.
During the Fall Ramble weekend, upper-level Georgia Trust members ($250 and up) will enjoy a complimentary private reception at the Woodruff House, an impressive Greek Revival mansion that sits atop Coleman Hill and offers commanding views of the city. Built in 1836, the magnificent house is an architectural masterpiece of one of Macon’s most notable architects, Elam Alexander, who designed the house for Jere Cowles, a financier and one of Wesleyan College’s earliest trustees. The house was later acquired by Mercer University and was renamed the Woodruff House in honor of George W. Woodruff who provided for its restoration.
Guests will enjoy a rare opportunity to explore this historic gem while partaking in cocktails and light hors d’oeuvres. Following the Heritage Reception, registered Ramblers will have a delicious dinner on the grounds of Hay House, an impressive 1855 Italian Renaissance Revival style home and a property of the Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation.
To upgrade your membership to be a part of this exclusive event, please contact 404-885-7818 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please make your reservations right away and remember to mention that you are with the Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation.
Holiday Inn Macon North
3953 River Place Drive
Macon, GA 31210
$105 per night (does not include taxes or fees)
Cut off date: Friday, September 10, 2021
Courtyard by Marriott
3990 Sheraton Drive
Macon, GA 31210
$99 per night (does not include taxes and fees)
Cutoff Date: Thursday, September 16, 2021
*Request “Georgia Trust Ramble” when calling
Hilton Garden Inn at Mercer University
1220 Stadium Drive
Macon, GA 31204
15% off room rate (rates fluctuate, does not include taxes and fees)
Cutoff Date: Thursday, September 23, 2021
*Request “Georgia Trust Ramble 2021” when calling
The following hotel does not have a room block available. Please check for individual room availability.
Marriott Macon City Center
240 Coliseum Drive
Macon, GA 31217
The Georgia Trust feels a special duty to protect the property owners who have agreed to invite members into their historic properties.
In addition, the safety of our patrons, volunteers and staff is our number one priority. As such, proof of a COVID-19 vaccination or negative COVID-19 test result will be required to attend the Fall Ramble in Macon. The Georgia Trust strongly encourages all guests who have not already done so to begin the vaccination process by September 4, 2021, so that they will be fully vaccinated by October 8, 2021.
Current CDC guidelines encourages the population to get vaccinated as soon as possible and to wear a mask indoors to maximize protection from the Delta variant and to prevent possibly spreading it to others.
For patrons who are not fully vaccinated, a negative COVID-19 test result must be obtained within 48 hours (2 days) of first attending the Fall Ramble. The Trust will require that unvaccinated individuals wear a mask at all times during the Ramble except when eating/drinking and that vaccinated guests wear masks indoors.
FALL RAMBLE 2021 ATTENDANCE PROCEDURES
If you are vaccinated, please do one of the following options:
- Email a copy of your Vaccine Card or Vaccine Record to email@example.com (preferred method due to postal delivery being unreliable), or
- Mail a copy of your Vaccine Card or Vaccine Record to: The Georgia Trust, 1516 Peachtree Street, NW, Atlanta, Georgia 30309, or
- Fax a copy of your Vaccine Card or Vaccine Record to: 404-875-2205, or
- Bring a copy of your Vaccine Card or Vaccine Record to Rhodes Hall at 1516 Peachtree Street, NW Atlanta, Georgia 30309, between 9-4, Monday-Friday, or
- Bring a copy of your Vaccine Card or Vaccine Record to the Covid Officer desk at Ramble Registration location. (We highly encourage attendees to send proof of vaccination prior to the event to streamline the registration process.)
Vaccinated attendees must wear a mask indoors.
If you are unvaccinated:
- Bring Negative COVID-19 test results to the Covid Officer desk at Ramble Registration location.
- The test must be taken 48 hours (2 days) of attending the Fall Ramble, which is no earlier than Wednesday, October 6.
Unvaccinated attendees must wear a mask at all times except when eating/drinking.
Ramble Safety Measures and Procedures:
- Staff and attendees wear masks correctly and consistently.
- Social distancing will be encouraged.
- Attendees are encouraged to cover coughs, sneezes and wash hands regularly.
- Attendees are required to stay home if they are sick or have any symptoms of COVID-19.
- All attendees are required to sign a Release of Liability prior to registration. This waiver is provided electronically at the time of online registration.
- Masks will be mandatory prior to entry to all interior sites.
- Access to interior sites will be limited to 10 Ramblers at a time. Property owners or docent volunteers will monitor admittance. Please maintain a minimum distance of six feet while waiting for entry and while touring sites.
- Seating for meals will be spread out and maximize outdoor seating as much as possible.
- A Covid Officer will be on-site at registration, meals and events to ensure safety protocols are being met.
What are Rambles?
Rambles feature exclusive tours and social events in historic properties not usually open to the public. Tours of historic homes and buildings are self-guided, and guests provide their own transportation. Maps and programs are provided at packet pick-up. Catered meals are offered as part of registration packages; however, there are tour-only (no meals) options as well.
These trips attract hundreds of participants per Ramble and are offered two weekends each year (fall and spring). Recent Rambles have included Marietta, the Golden Isles, Athens and Americus.
For more information, contact the Trust’s Special Events Department at 404-885-7812 or SpecialEvents@GeorgiaTrust.org.
Pictured: Lapham-Patterson House Historic Site in Thomasville, Ga.