The Georgia Trust invites you to attend a modified Ramble in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains in Rome, Georgia on Saturday, October 17, 2020. With new safety measures in place, we hope you will join us for a one-day Ramble!
New Safety Measures and Procedures
In order to comply with current CDC Guidelines for Events and Gatherings, the Ramble will incorporate new safety procedures in an effort to protect attendees, homeowners, volunteers and staff.
Please see below for measures that the Georgia Trust will be taking to ensure safety:
- Release of Liability must be signed prior to registration. This waiver will be provided electronically at the time of registration.
- Walk-up tickets will not be available. Tickets must be purchased online or by phone (404-885-7812) by October 16, 2 p.m.
- Masks will be mandatory prior to entry to all interior sites.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at each location.
- Registration and packet pick-up will be drive-through only to ensure social distancing.
- Access to interior sites will be limited to 10 Ramblers at a time. Docents will be on hand to coordinate entry to sites. Please maintain a minimum distance of six feet while waiting for entry and while touring sites.
- Closing reception will be held outdoors. Individual beverages will be available to pick up as you wander the property.
Please make your reservations right away and remember to mention that you are with the Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation.
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
100-110 West 2nd Avenue
Rome, Georgia 30161
$139-$169 per night plus taxes
Cutoff Date: September 16, 2020
Courtyard by Marriott Rome Riverwalk
320 W. 3rd Street
Rome, GA 30165
$169 per night plus taxes
What are Rambles?
Rambles feature exclusive tours and social events in historic properties not usually open to the public. Tours of historic homes and buildings are self-guided, and guests provide their own transportation. Maps and programs are provided at packet pick-up. Catered meals are offered as part of registration packages; however, there are tour-only (no meals) options as well.
These trips attract hundreds of participants per Ramble and are offered two weekends each year (fall and spring). Recent Rambles have included Marietta, the Golden Isles, Athens and Americus.
For more information, contact the Trust’s Special Events Department at 404-885-7812 or SpecialEvents@GeorgiaTrust.org.
Pictured: Lapham-Patterson House Historic Site in Thomasville, Ga.