BOOK TOUR & LAUNCH PARTY
Architecture of the Last Colony: Georgia’s Historic Places, 1733-2000
Edited by Mark C. McDonald
Book Tour Kickoff and Launch Party
Join us in celebrating the long-awaited and highly anticipated release of the Georgia Trust’s new book, Architecture of the Last Colony. We will be kicking off the Book Tour on October 5 at Hay House, our historic property in Macon, and the Book Launch Party on October 18 at Rhodes Hall, our headquarters in Atlanta.
All are welcome, and admission is free. Please RSVP below.
Can’t make it to Atlanta or Macon? Scroll down for a full schedule of the book tour, where editor Mark C. McDonald will give an in-depth overview of the book as well as a closer look at some of the featured places.
Book Tour Kickoff
Thursday, October 5, 2023, 6 p.m.
934 Georgia Avenue
Macon, GA 31201
Book Launch Party
Wednesday, October 18, 2023, 5-7 p.m.
1516 Peachtree St. NW
Atlanta, GA 30309
Mark your calendars! Editor Mark C. McDonald will be at the following places.
- Oct. 3-4, SCAD, Savannah. Not open to the public.
- Oct. 5, 6 p.m. Book Tour Kickoff. Hay House, 934 Georgia Avenue, Macon, GA 31201. Free and open to the public. RSVP HERE
- Oct. 12, 4:30 p.m. UGA School of Environment and Design, Jackson Street Building, 285 S. Jackson St, Athens, GA 30602, Crit Space. A special exhibit featuring photographs from the book will be in the Circle Gallery. Free and open to the public. Reception in the Founders Garden follows.
- Oct. 13, 10 a.m.-12 p.m. Book signing. Madison-Morgan Cultural Center, 434 S. Main Street, Madison, GA 30650. Mark McDonald will be signing books at the Fall Ramble Registration table at the Madison-Morgan Cultural Center. The book lecture is scheduled for the following day (see below for details). Free and open to the public. Purchase of Fall Ramble tickets is NOT required for the book signing.
- Oct. 14, 10 a.m. Book lecture and signing. Madison-Morgan Cultural Center, 434 S. Main Street, Madison, GA 30650. Free and open to the public. This event is part of the Fall Ramble Orientation, but purchase of Fall Ramble tickets is NOT required for the book lecture and signing.
- Oct. 18, 5-7 p.m. Book Launch Party at the Trust’s headquarters, Rhodes Hall, 1516 Peachtree St. NW, Atlanta, GA 30309. Free and open to the public. RSVP HERE
- Oct. 19, 6 p.m. DeSoto Theatre, 530 Broad St, Rome, GA 30161. Visit www.thedesoto.org for admission and more information.
- Oct. 26, Noon. Historic Columbus Foundation, RiverCenter for the Performing Arts, 900 Broadway, Columbus, GA 31901. Visit www.historiccolumbus.com for admission and more information.
- Oct. 24, 6:30-7:30 p.m. Friends of Mimosa Hall, Mimosa Hall, 127 Bulloch Ave, Roswell, GA 30075. Visit www.friendsofmimosahall.org for admission and more information.
- Nov. 14, 7 p.m. Atlanta History Center, McElreach Hall, 130 W. Paces Ferry Rd. NW, Atlanta, GA 30305. Visit www.atlantahistorycenter.com for admission and more information.
- Nov. 15, 7 p.m. Cobb Landmarks, William Root House, 80 N Marietta Parkway NW, Marietta, GA 30060. Visit www.cobblandmarks.com for admission and more information.
- Dec. 10, 2 p.m. History Cherokee, Cherokee County History Center, 221 E. Marietta Street
Canton, GA 30114. Visit www.historycherokee.org for admission and more information.