Architecture of the Last Colony: Georgia’s Historic Places, 1733-2000
Edited by Mark C. McDonald
Mark your calendars! Editor Mark C. McDonald will be at the following places, where he will give an in-depth overview of the book as well as a closer look at some of the featured places. Copies of the book will be available for sale and signing.
- Oct. 5, Macon, Book Tour Kickoff, 6 p.m. Hay House, 934 Georgia Avenue, Macon, GA 31201. Free and open to the public.
- Oct. 12, Athens, UGA School of Environment and Design, Jackson Street Building, 285 S. Jackson St, Athens, GA 30602, Crit Space, 4:30 p.m. A special exhibit featuring photographs from the book will be in the Circle Gallery. Free and open to the public. Reception in the Founders Garden follows. Visitor Parking is available at an hourly rate in the North Campus Deck, which is located adjacent to the College of Environment and Design.
- Oct. 13, Madison, Book signing. Madison-Morgan Cultural Center, 434 S. Main Street, Madison, GA 30650, 10 a.m.-12 p.m. Mark McDonald will be signing books at the Fall Ramble Registration table at the Madison-Morgan Cultural Center. The book lecture is scheduled for the following day (see below for details). Free and open to the public. Purchase of Fall Ramble tickets is NOT required for the book signing.
- Oct. 14, Madison, Book lecture and signing. Madison-Morgan Cultural Center, 434 S. Main Street, Madison, GA 30650, 10 a.m. Free and open to the public. This event is part of the Fall Ramble Orientation, but purchase of Fall Ramble tickets is NOT required for the book lecture and signing.
- Oct. 18, Atlanta, Book Launch Party at the Trust’s headquarters, Rhodes Hall, 1516 Peachtree St. NW, Atlanta, GA 30309, 5-7 p.m. Free and open to the public. RSVP HERE
- Oct. 19, Rome, DeSoto Theatre, 530 Broad St, Rome, GA 30161, 6 p.m. Free and open to the public. Visit thedesoto.org for more information.
- Oct. 24, Roswell, Friends of Mimosa Hall, Mimosa Hall, 127 Bulloch Ave, Roswell, GA 30075, 6:30-7:30 p.m. Free and open to the public. Visit friendsofmimosahall.org for more information.
- Oct. 26, Columbus, Historic Columbus Foundation, RiverCenter for the Performing Arts, 900 Broadway, Columbus, GA 31901, Noon. Lunch and lecture. $15 (includes lunch). Visit historiccolumbus.com to make reservations.
- Nov. 14, Atlanta, Atlanta History Center, McElreach Hall, 130 W. Paces Ferry Rd. NW, Atlanta, GA 30305, 7 p.m. Visit atlantahistorycenter.com for more information.
- Nov. 15, Marietta, Cobb Landmarks, William Root House, 80 N Marietta Parkway NW, Marietta, GA 30060, 7 p.m. Visit cobblandmarks.com for more information.
- Nov. 16, Savannah, co-sponsored by the Massie Heritage Center and Downtown Neighborhood Association. Massie Heritage Center, 207 E. Gordon St, Savannah, GA 31401, 7 p.m. (Doors open at 6:30 p.m.). Free and open to the public.
- Dec. 10, Canton, History Cherokee, Cherokee County History Center, 221 E. Marietta Street, Canton, GA 30114, 2 p.m. Visit historycherokee.org for more information.
- Feb. 1, Decatur, DeKalb History Center, 101 E Court Square, Decatur, GA 30030. 6:30 p.m. $5 Members of the DeKalb History Center, $10 Non Members. $5 drink tickets.
Visit dekalbhistory.org for more information.
- April 23, Roswell, Roswell Garden Club, Roswell Area Park Community Activity Building, 10495 Woodstock Road, Roswell, GA 30075. 10 a.m. Visit roswellgardenclub.com for more information. Free and open to the public.