Williams Manufacturing Company
Macon - Bibb County
Built around 1924, the Williams Manufacturing Company in Macon was originally a structure that served the booming automobile industry. The recent rehabilitation work began with load bearing masonry walls stabilized and the roof repaired. Large industrial windows were also repaired in kind. Signature garage doors were replaced with custom-built window walls that evoke the original garage doors. Interior spaces now feature private office space and conference rooms and serves as a legal mediation center.
Excellence in Rehabilitation Awards recognize projects that make compatible use of a building through repair, alterations or additions while preserving features of the property that convey its historic value.