Savannah - Chatham County
Savannah, Chatham County
The Greek Revival style Philbrick-Eastman House was constructed in the 1840s on Savannah’s Chippewa Square as a private residence. Once known as “the finest home in the city,” the building was extensively renovated to create commercial office space in the 1950s. The 2015 rehabilitation project retained many of the past alterations in order to accurately reflect the architectural evolution of the house and allow for functional use of space. An elevator from 1912 and a steel vault from 1953 were preserved and maintained, glass partitions were installed to reflect the open floor plan of the 1950s stenographers’ pool, and exterior stucco was extensively repaired according to the highest preservation standards.