Augusta, Richmond County
Augusta’s Kennedy Building in downtown was constructed in 1902 by Mr. Henry Kennedy and is an example of turn-of-the century commercial architecture found throughout downtown Augusta’s historic district. The bottom floor served as retail space and the above floor served as a residence until 1935, where after it remained vacant. Located in what is now called Artists Row, rehabilitation began in 2014 after Mr. Ben Harrison bought the building. The main focus of the work was the 2nd floor which was in poor condition. Wood windows, hardwood floors, mill work and pocket doors were all rehabilitated. The work was completed in the summer of 2015 and all of the residential units and retail space have been filled. The building is now featured on Historic Augusta’s Annual Downtown Loft Tour as an outstanding rehabilitation.