Old Campbell County Courthouse
The Old Campbell County Courthouse, one of the last Greek Revival buildings constructed in Georgia, was built in 1871 and served as a courthouse until 1932, when Campbell County was annexed into Fulton County. The publicly owned site was placed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1976 and was last used by the local historical society until its relocation in 2020.
The courthouse had been unoccupied for over two years when on August 31, 2022, the building caught fire, requiring the fire department to punch holes in the roof and flood the structure with water. Members of the community hope to gather support to stabilize and rehabilitate this historic courthouse, using the opportunity to develop and implement a successful plan to return the building to productive use.