Dublin, Laurens County
When constructed in 1912, Dublin’s First National Bank building was the tallest building south of Atlanta. Over a century later, the seven-story solid-concrete skyscraper remains the centerpiece of Dublin’s downtown. In 2015 the building’s rehabilitation tax credit project included restoring and appropriately replacing windows, repairing fine plaster and terra cotta detailing, and preserving the ornamental steel rail on the lobby’s mezzanine level. The building’s new tenant, Georgia Military College, moved in just seven months after rehabilitation began, thanks to the efforts of many parties eager to see the Old National Bank building returned to its past glory.