The Operations Manager is responsible for bookkeeping, development coordination, and office management for Hay House, a historic house museum owned and operated by the Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation, a statewide non-profit organization
Reports to: Senior Director of Properties/Director of Hay House and Director of Finance and Administration
Position type: Full-time with Georgia Trust Benefits
Qualifications: College or equivalent degree required with demonstrated experience and proficiency in office management and/or bookkeeping. Development skills preferred.
- Bookkeeping including preparing biweekly financial reports, coding all expenses, submitting invoices and check requests, bill payment records, preparing and making deposits, tracking credit card receipts and reports, as well as managing the Hay House side of the Shop Keep system and Quickbooks, at all times maintaining close interface with Trust Director of Finance
- Development management including tracking, follow-up, and documentation of gifts, patron memberships, corporate sponsorships, ad sales, researching and locating potential new grants, writing grants, researching other potential sources of funding, and general development opportunities. Maintains fundraising records and submits information to Trust Membership.
- Office administration including correspondence, sending out gift acknowledgements, and general informational duties
- Managing all office equipment and office supplies
- Management of the Shop including acting as staff to Shop Committee, ordering products, and tracking inventory
- Weekday management of Hay House Special Events including all those associated with Christmas, Spring Stroll, and Toast and Taste
- Management of Housekeeping and rental equipment control and maintenance including the kitchen and storage of tables, chairs, linens and other rental items
- Manages Files for Rental program including, contracts, fees, security deposits, and invoices
- Along with Weekend Event Manager, trains and supervises Rental staff
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Properties/Hay House
Send cover letter and resume to Jonathan Poston. No phone calls please.