The Manager of Education is responsible for all education related to the museum functions of Hay House, a historic house museum and rental facility owned and operated by the Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation, a statewide non-profit organization.
Reports to: Director of Hay House
Position type: Full time with Georgia Trust benefits
Qualifications: College degree preferred. Substantial experience in managing people required. Social media acumen preferred. Museum experience is a plus.
Compensation: Dependent on experience and education
- Recruits, trains, and manages a team of docents who present tours to the public interpreting the history of Hay House.
- With advice of Education and Restoration Committees, develops and maintains docent tour guide and all educational materials. Trains docents to guide tours utilizing prepared script.
- Plans, manages, and administers specialty tours of Hay House including Behind the Scenes, Legends and Lore tours, and other such tours.
- Plans materials for educational events specifically including materials for Dinner Tours.
- Plans two annual Hay Days that offer educational programs and free admission in fulfillment of sponsorship and grant requirements.
- Plans, develops, and fabricates new exhibits and other educational displays for the museum.
- Plans, develops, and administers all school education programs.
- Along with Director and Operations Manager, provides staff support for Education and Restoration Committees.
- Works as a team member with other staff on major Hay House events.
Rental event management
- Manages the use of Hay House as a rental event venue for weddings, corporate events, photo shoots, film productions, group tours and other functions.
- Responds to inquiries from and meets with potential renters in a timely manner to explain Hay House procedures, rates, and requirements.
- Works with Operations Manager to produce contract with the renter and to coordinate event planning through meetings with vendors to insure adherence to Hay House rules and policies. (Operations Manager maintains contract and financials for each event including rental payments, other costs, and fees.)
- Manages schedule and leads appointments and walk-in tours of potential renters.
- Serves as the principal contact for the renters and vendors and manages the events on-site in coordination with other staff members.
- Works with Director to train and manage a team of docents and/or rental staff on proper movement and care of collections when items are moved for rental events or other reasons.
- Directs event prep including the movement of valuable collection items to secure locations and assuring their return to appropriate locations at the conclusion of the rental event
Social media management.
- Manages social media and assists Operations Manager in maintaining Hay House’s official website. Works in cooperation with the Trust’s Communications manager to publicize the House and specifically its special events through the Georgia Trust official website and other media.
Other duties as assigned by Director.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to Ennis Willis at email@example.com.