The Georgia Trust

2015 PRESERVATION AWARDS: EXCELLENCE IN REHABILITATION

BRASELTON BROTHERS STORE
Braselton, Jackson County

Braselton Brothers Store, an enterprise established in 1887 by Braselton's founding family, occupied this large masonry building in downtown Braselton since its construction in 1904. The building had several additions throughout the 20th century, but became underutilitzed by 2002 when its rehabilitation became a key component of the Braselton Downtown Revitalization Plan. This plan was spurred by the Georgia Department of Transportation's proposed highway realignment project of a road adjacent to the building. The rehabilitation of the Braselton Brothers store has provided much-needed commercial space for businesses in Braselton's downtown historic district and has ensured the preservation and continued use of a building that contributes to the overall character and history of Braselton.


CONNECT WITH US

twitter

Site Map   |   Search