The Georgia Trust

2013 PRESERVATION AWARDS: EXCELLENCE IN REHABILITATION

Woodlawn Plantation
West Point, Troup County

Woodlawn Plantation, built in 1839, is a prime example of the Greek Revival style in the rural South. More than 150 years after its construction, the house came into the hands of Judy and Ed Garland who, needing more space than the original four room/central hall house allowed, decided to expand the home. The resulting additions are set back from the original house to which their rooflines are discreetly joined, allowing the massing of the historic house to remain clearly visible and the new construction easily identifiable. The exquisitely executed new additions feature beautiful salvaged materials.

 

 

 

 


CONNECT WITH US

twitter

Site Map   |   Search