The Georgia Trust

2013 PRESERVATION AWARDS: EXCELLENCE IN REHABILITATION

Huntington Hall
Fort Valley, Peach County

Constructed in 1908, Huntington Hall is the second oldest building on the Fort Valley State University campus. In 2006, $1 million in Federal and State grants jump-started the rehabilitation of this building which had been vacant since 1989. Fort Valley State University, a historically black university, enlisted the design services of J.W. Robinson Architects, longtime advocates of the preservation of African American heritage sites. After the building's historical significance, structural integrity and environmental hazards were studied, Huntington Hall was stabilized, its exterior features were repaired, and masonry elements were repointed. Additionally, Huntington Hall's interior was completely rehabilitated, creating space for offices, meeting rooms and an art gallery.

 

 

 

 


CONNECT WITH US

twitter

Site Map   |   Search