The Georgia Trust

2012 PRESERVATION AWARDS: EXCELLENCE IN REHABILITATION

WRECKING BAR BREWPUB & THE MARIANNA
Atlanta, Fulton County

The Victor H. Kriegshaber House on Moreland Avenue in Atlanta was designed by architect Willis Denny and completed in 1900. It is one of the finest examples of the extravagant Beaux Arts style of late Victorian architecture in Atlanta. After the family moved in 1924, the house was used as a church, a dance studio and, until 2005, as the Wrecking Bar Architectural Antiques. The building's fate was uncertain until its current owners saved it from dilapidation, rehabilitating the structure as the Wrecking Bar Brewpub on the basement level and The Marianna, an event space, on the main floor.

 

CONNECT WITH US

twitter

Site Map   |   Search