The Georgia Trust

2012 PRESERVATION AWARDS: EXCELLENCE IN REHABILITATION

MORGAN TENNIS COURT
Jekyll Island, Glynn County

Constructed in 1929, the Morgan Tennis Court is part of the Jekyll Island Club National Historic Landmark area. By 2002 the building had fallen into disrepair and was closed until 2009 when the Jekyll Island Authority began examining the building as potential space for a convention and event facility. The rehabilitation, which began in 2010, retained most of the historic material, including interior wall boards and views of the trusses above, while a balcony and separate kitchen facility were added to accommodate the facility's new use.

 

CONNECT WITH US

twitter

Site Map   |   Search