The Georgia Trust

2012 PRESERVATION AWARDS: EXCELLENCE IN REHABILITATION

JUDGE H.W. HOPKINS HOUSE
Thomasville, Thomas County

This prominent Queen Anne style house with Italianate features was built in 1885 by Thomasville architect Tudor Rommerdall for Henry William Hopkins, who served as the city's mayor beginning in 1886. Hopkins was a strong proponent of civic improvements, so his house was one of the first in town to have natural gas lighting and running water. The surrounding area is now primarily commercial, but thanks to community efforts, the previous owners agreed to sell rather than move this house. With the aid of Thomasville Landmarks in the tax credit process, the new owners have beautifully rehabilitated the building to serve as the office for Mosaic Psychological Services.

 

CONNECT WITH US

twitter

Site Map   |   Search