The Georgia Trust

2011 PRESERVATION AWARDS: EXCELLENCE IN REHABILITATION

E.M. Rogers House
Adel, Cook County

The History
The E. M. Rogers House was built in 1907 by William Baskin and later sold to E. M. Rogers and his new wife, Millie Parrish, in 1912. The home remained in the Rogers family until the early 21st Century when it was donated to the Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation. In December, 2009, it was purchased by Mr. and Mrs. Timothy Schmalz from Ontario, Canada. The E. M. Rogers House is a fine example of the Queen Anne Victorian style.

The Project
Immediately after the Schmalz’s purchased the home, Van Der Fleet Designs and Restoration was hired to do the rehabilitation which included rebuilding the wraparound porch, restoring the exterior columns, upgrading the electrical and plumbing systems, and refinishing the historic interior features to accommodate current needs while retaining the historic integrity. Extensive landscaping was also completed including the rehabilitation of the original carriage house and smoke house.

 

 

 

 


CONNECT WITH US

twitter

Site Map   |   Search