The Georgia Trust

2011 PRESERVATION AWARDS: EXCELLENCE IN RESTORATION

Coweta County Courthouse
Newnan, Coweta County

The History
Constructed in 1904 the Coweta County Courthouse was considered to be the most ambitious design by architect J.W. Golucke due to its strong vertical projection of the portico and the copper covered clock dome. It served as the formal county courthouse until 2007. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.

The Project
The Coweta County Commission allocated funds for the restoration project that included replacement of the clock tower copper cladding, full interior rehabilitation and the installation of accessibility features. Additionally, the courthouse’s 1,580 feet of copper guttering, ornamental copper friezes and pediments were extensively cleaned.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


CONNECT WITH US

twitter

Site Map   |   Search