The Georgia Trust

2010 PRESERVATION AWARDS: EXCELLENCE IN REHABILITATION

HEALTH SCIENCES BUILDING & PARKS MEMORIAL BUILDING
Georgia College & State University, Milledgeville, Baldwin County

The History
Georgia College and State University’s 1929 Health Sciences Building once accommodated classrooms, faculty offices, a gymnasium and a swimming pool. The 1939 Parks Memorial Building housed the campus infirmary.

The Project
The rehabilitation of both buildings included restoring and upgrading exteriors, retaining and refurbishing original wood and steel windows, and the restoration of original wood floors in the Health Sciences Building and terrazzo floors in the Parks Memorial Building.

Current Use
Included in the newly rehabilitated Health Sciences Building is space for classrooms, a kinesiology lab, student commons and faculty offices. Parks Memorial provides additional faculty office space.


CONNECT WITH US

twitter

Site Map   |   Search