The Georgia Trust

2010 PRESERVATION AWARDS: EXCELLENCE IN REHABILITATION

BARTOW COUNTY COURTHOUSE
Cartersville, Bartow County

The Story
The 1869 Italianate style courthouse is believed to be the only one of its kind remaining in Georgia.

The Project
Following the building being slated for demolition, city leaders took action and sought available options for saving and preserving the historic courthouse.

Owner of the building is the City of Cartersville. Project manager was Ron Goss, Jr., Cooperstown Developement, LLC. Architect of the project was Richard L. Thornton.

Current Use
In addition to the rehabilitated courthouse providing space for the Bartow History Museum and an educational facility, its public meeting space is used by local groups holding fundraisers, networking events, wine tastings and silent auctions.


CONNECT WITH US

twitter

Site Map   |   Search