The Georgia Trust

2010 PRESERVATION AWARDS: EXCELLENCE IN RESTORATION

ANDREW LOW HOUSE
Savannah, Chatham County

The History
Designed by architect John S. Norris in 1848, this National Historic Landmark was the onetime home of Juliette Gordon Low, founder of the Girl Scouts of America.

The Project
With funding from a Save America’s Treasures grant, this detailed restoration project focused on repairing damaged and deteriorating historic exterior elements, and included interior restoration, archaeological investigations, and systems’ upgrades.

Owner of the building is the National Society of the Colonial Dames in America in the State of Georgia. Architect of the project was The Spriggs Group. Contractor was J.T. Turner Construction Company.

Current Use
Owned and operated by The National Society of the Colonial Dames of America in the State of Georgia, the Andrew Low House functions as a house museum.


CONNECT WITH US

twitter

Site Map   |   Search